Πέμπτη, Οκτωβρίου 02, 2014

Gertrude 'Ma' Rainey - Bo-Weavil Blues 1 - Bo-Weavil Blues 1 (1923)





Hey, bo-weavil, don't sing them blues no more
Hey, hey, bo-weavil, don't sing them blues no more
Bo-weavil's here, bo-weavil's everywhere you'll go

I'm a lone bo-weavil, been out a great long time
I'm a lone bo-weavil, been out a great long time
I'm gonna sing these blues to ease the bo-weavil's lonesome mind

I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
Some of them's so evil, I'm afraid they might poison me

I went downtown and bought me a hat
I brought it back home, I laid it on the shelf
Looked at my bed, I'm getting tired of sleeping by myself

__________
Note: take 2 on the album;
Note 1: bo or boll weevil or weavil, a grayish weevil, super-family of beetles, that infests the cotton plant and feeds on the squares and bolls. drawing.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: